YES, YOU CAN BUY AMERICAN MADE FENCE!
Nowadays, it seems like everything is made in China or some other country. While this may be true for a lot of products, it is not true for all fence products. There are a lot of fence products still made with pride and exceptional quality in the great U.S. of A! In fact, most fence products are still available from domestic manufacturers.
GBW, GAW, and Vinyl Coated welded wire fencing materials are all available from US manufacturers such as Riverdale Mills (Northbridge, MA) and C.E. Shepherd (Houston, TX).
- Bekaert Corp. manufactures all types of low carbon and high tensile Field fence, Horse fence, Sheep & Goat fence and Deer and Wildlife fence in galvanized, zinc aluminum and black paint over ZA finishes.
- Stay-Tuff Fence Manufacturing produces high tensile Deer & Wildlife fence, Field fence, Horse fence, Goat fence and barbed wire in New Braunfels, TX .
- Oklahoma Steel makes a wide variety of Field fence, barbed wire, Deer and Wildlife fence, Agriculture panels, Horse fence and GBW welded wire in Madill, OK and Centerville, IA.
- Franklin Steel produces top quality steel painted and galvanized studded T fence posts in Franklin, PA.
High Performance with Competitive Pricing
These companies employ hard working, tax paying Americans! American made products are superior in quality, and are surprisingly price competitive versus imported products. American made products provide an overall better value than lesser quality imports because the fence will last many years longer and will not need to be replaced. Just think of the hassle, expense and inconvenience you will avoid! Just like the old saying “You get what you pay for.”
You may be aware of “The Buy American Act” which restricts the purchase of supplies that are not domestic end products. For manufactured end products, the Buy American Act uses a two-part test to define a domestic end product.
- The product must be manufactured in the United States; and
- The cost of domestic components must exceed 50 percent of the cost of all the components.
The Buy American Act applies to all U.S. Federal government agency purchases of goods valued over the micropurchase threshold, but does not apply to services. Under the Act, all goods for public use (articles, materials, or supplies) must be produced in the U.S., and manufactured items must be manufactured in the U.S. from U.S. materials. Many states and municipalities include similar geographic requirements in their procurement legislation.
If quality and support of America is important to you, please consider buying products made in the USA the next time you need fencing. Sure you may pay a little more, and you may have to dig a little deeper to find products made in the USA since most retailers and discount on-line sellers primarily sell imported products. But the effort and added costs are well worth it in the long run. Go USA!