Control Cattle, Sheep, and Other Livestock
Low carbon wire or high tensile wire
Low carbon wire is made from steel rod with a carbon content of approximately 0.10%. This type of wire is easy to work with and fairly forgiving. However, it is prone to elongation, falling victim to stretching and sagging. And its strength is low when compared to high tensile wire.
High tensile wire fence: So Many Advantages
- Lower overall costs due to smaller diameter wire and fewer posts used
Hightensile wire can be installed using fewer fence posts than low carbon fence
- High tensile: post spacing up to 16.5 feet vs low carbon: post spacing 8 to 10 feet
- Stronger – about twice the strength
aslow carbon wire for effectively controlling any type of livestock: horses, hogs, cattle, deer, sheep, goat, etc.
- Lighter weight means easier handling during installation
- High tensile fences remain tight for years – even if a tree falls on a high tensile fence, it will spring back to shape once the tree is removed
- Very low maintenance
- Longer life – 40 plus years if properly maintained
- Can be easily electrified
- More secure
- Looks neater
- Much safer for livestock than barbed wire
- Class 3 galvanizing is standard
With high tensile wire build a long-lasting, low maintenance fence for nearly half the price of a conventional low carbon fence.
High Tensile wire fence = high performance and long life!